It is very important to design comfortable wooden staircase on the second or third floor, which also will be the least traumatic for you and your children, without losing appeal. Our simple calculator can help you to solve the problem of correct calculation of wooden straight flight stringer stairs.
The calculator allows you to perform online calculation of straight staircases on strings. The program generates the results of the calculations of the 3D model straight staircase, drawings of all structural elements with straight stair stringers.
How to calculate staircase on strings online?
You need to measure and input the main dimensions of your straight flight stair - parameters of the staircase, measure the distance between the upper finished floor and first floor (finished). Click the "Calculate" button.
In the end, you will get an interactive 3D model of the staircase designed according to your parameters, the results of calculation include: the angle of the stairs, number of steps, the height and width of each step, risers, and also the wood volume you need to buils your straight stairs. You will get detailed drawings:
- side view of the stairs,
- topview of stairs,
- drawing of the stringers
- drawing of steps
If you can not determine the required initial data, just below we will give you common dimensions of a straight stair (its angle, size of steps and etc.).
The recommended parameters of the stairs
There are building codes and standards for the parameters of stairs, height, width of steps, which is very important to avoid injuries.
- The width of the opening of the stairs. S and standard value in a private house taking 90 - 110 cm If space is limited, the width of the opening sause, the minimum critical value - 80 cm
- The height and width of the steps. According to standards the maximum height of stairs may not exceed 200 mm. Usually 15 - 17 cm Optimal width of a step 27 - 30 cm
The standard length of the step 60 - 63 cm the calculations often use the formula "ideal safe ladder", developed centuries ago by French ingeneral Blondel: 2 step height + width of a step = step 60 - 63 cm
- The angle of incline of the stairs. Optimal comfortable angle for ascent / descent - in the range 29 - 35 degrees.
- For manufacturing steps and podstupenej use a wooden Board: for rise the optimum thickness of 30 mm; for stages — 40 mm.
- Minimum ledge of the wooden steps (overhang) above the risers 30 mm, maximum 40 mm. Overhang increases the surface level.
- The number of stages for a single flight of stairs - no more than 18 pieces. On average, 10 to 12, but of course it depends on the length of the March. Suggest a number of steps to make the odd - thus, to start and finish the ascent or descent the stairs you will be one and the same foot.
- The height of handrails must extend from 90 cm for security purposes.
- Finally, do not forget that the minimum height in the aisle stairs, from any step of the March to the next obstacle vertically, must be at least two meters.
If we talk about the loads experienced by a standard staircase in a residential building - 300 kg/m2. P Ragib them should not exceed 1/400 of the span.
3D visualization will allow to evaluate the usability and direct stairs to the stringers, to provide a view of the future straight stairs made of wood, visually to experiment with the number and sizes of steps.