- Step 1. The choice of the number of rotary stages – 4 PCs, 6 PCs, 8 PCs, N PCs (default N PCs).
- Step 2. The selection of the suitable units of measurement – mm, cm, m, inches, feet.
- Step 3. Specify the means of drawing drawings – monochrome, color.
- Step 4. The definition of call on the stairs – prevoshodnaja (to turn left), left (to turn right).
- Step 5. Determining the horizontal dimensions of the opening along the upper and lower marsh, and the distance between the lower and upper stairs.
- Step 6. The mode of constructing staircases, depending on the method of calculation of the width of the tread – upper, intermediate and lower marsh are exactly the size of the opening / bottom sizes, intermediate, and top automatically / staging according to the dimensions, lower and upper automatically / top according to the dimensions, lower and intermediate automatically.
- Step 7. The input parameters of the stair – width of the March, the height of the opening (if the top step at the level of the 2nd floor, the height of the opening = height of the stairs).
- Step 8. The settings of steps – minimum width rotary stages(and) are in the angle of rotation "parameter MW" and relying on stringer in any other place "parameter MF", the required height of the steps (will be matched as close as possible value), the thickness of the step, the ledge the edge of the step, the top step is below the level of the 2nd floor or level (optional).
- Step 9. Risers – the necessity of application in the design of risers (optional), the thickness of the risers.
- Step 10. The parameters of the stringers thickness and the minimum width of the stringer, and the number one marsh (defaults to 3 PCs).
- Step 11. Ceiling and wall – blocks are only used for 3D visualization and do not affect the final results.
- Step 12. Confirm the entered values and start the calculation of stairs with sweeps 180° with an arbitrary number of winder treads with the button "Calculate".
Design features in the drawings
To create the most comfortable to operate design, it is recommended to choose the parameters of the stages on the basis of a universal formula "easy stairs" French engineer françois Blondel. This expression is derived in a scientific way and from this it follows that if the step width is reduced, it is necessary to increase the height, and Vice versa – by increasing the width of the steps you need to reduce the height, while keeping the step length in the range 600-650 mm. Also if you are interested in the optimal parameters of the remaining items, please visit the section "Calculation of the stairs online".
Blondel's formula: 2 × h + s = 60/65 cm
- h – the height of the steps;
- s – tread width;
- 60/65 cm average stride length of a person.
In addition, the parameter MF, which determines the shape of the rotary unit of the ladder and the ground contact surface of the tread in particular. Decreasing the parameter, the ladder will get a more curved and compact (strive to the form of a spiral), but at the same time will decrease bearing capacity of the stage, as reduced area of contact with the stringer. Therefore, if you specify MF less than 10 cm, you should stick to the measures to strengthen the design: the number of stringers for one March should be 3 or more, and the Board steps shall be made of hard wood.