How much paint do I need?
When buying interior paint, it is important to consider how much material you will need to paint walls, doors, trim, etc. To avoid ordering too little or too much, you need to know the paint consumption in advance and determine the entire area to be painted.
You can use this calculator to estimate the total paint consumption for a specified area. The tool allows you to choose different application surfaces - plaster, metal, wood. Accepts by default that paint consumption for the second and subsequent coats is reduced by 30%.
- Enter the length and width of the surface.
- Enter the paint consumption per unit area.
- Add/remove additional surfaces (optional).
- Select the paint type (optional).
- Specify the number of layers (optional).
- Click the "Calculate" button.
Paint consumption, per area
|Paint type||Consumption, L/m2|
|polyvinyl acetate (PVA)||0.550|