How to calculate apartment area?
An apartment is a living space, usually consisting of several separate rooms of different purposes.
We suggest you use the free apartment area calculator from KALK.PRO. It will help you estimate the total area, by the length and width of each room (children's room, living room, hallway, bathroom, kitchen...). The tool can only be used for square and rectangular shaped rooms, if you have non-standard rooms, scroll just below.
To begin the calculation, enter the parameters of each element (if you don't have a specific room, leave it at NULL (0)).
Apartment square footage formulas
The square footage of the apartment in our online calculator is based on the formula:
- Stotal = (a × b)1 + (a × b)2 + .. + (a × b)n, where а, b – sides length.
If you want to calculate the area of an apartment with irregularly shaped rooms - you must divide the room surface into simple shapes (square, rectangle, triangle, trapezium), use standard mathematical formulas and add up the obtained values.
- Square area formula: S = a2, where а – side.
- Rectangular area formula: S = a × b, where а, b – sides.
- Triangular area formula: S = (a × h) / 2, where а – base, h – height.
- Trapezoid area formula: S = ((a + b) × h) / 2, where a, b – bases, h – height.