Online service Kalk.pro calculates L-shaped Stair (quarter turn stairs with landing) according to your stairwell parameters. After input of necessary initial data, you will get detailed drawings of the 90 degree turn stair with an interactive 3D visualisation, all stair dimensions you will need to build great quarter turn staircase.
Try it yourself, it's easy!
The difference between the straight flight stairs and 90 degrees turn lies in the fact that L-shaped stair has two flights located at 90 degrees angle and one landing connecting them. When you observing the staircase from above, it forms L-shaped structure.
Data for calculation of quarter turn stairs (90 degrees) and landing
First, you need to measure the height of the opening for stringer staircase - the distance between the bottom finish floor and upper finished floor. You must also enter the expected length, the width of the stairs, parameters, steps, stringer and risers, if you require them in the design of your stairs.
If you don't know all the source data required to calculate the turning the stairs at 90, below we present the optimal dimensions in the construction of wooden stairs in private homes. Be sure to read.
Optimal dimensions for safe and convenient stairs
For the construction of stairs, there are certain building codes and regulations governing the methods of calculation of loads and strength, the dimension, the quality of materials and so on. To design a staircase only need according to these rules, which include various building codes and Standards, in order to avoid collapse of structures, or increased her injury.
To calculate the wooden stairs removed the whole "formula facilities". In construction practice, formed a common the most commonly used settings for a comfortable, durable and safe ladders.
For example, the calculations often use the formula "ideal safe ladder", derived centuries ago by the architect Francois Blondel: 2 step height + width steps = 63 cm (standard length 60 - 63cm).
- The width of the stairs. For the optimal size of the width of the span of a single March in a private home taking 90 - 110 cm In a confined space in a private house staircase can be done, but not less than 80 cm.
- The height and width of the stairs. According to practice, the ideal step height is in the range of 15 - 17 cm Optimal width of a step 27 - 30 cm Maximum height of stairs may not exceed 200 mm.
- The angle of the stairs. A convenient angle of the wooden staircase between 29 - 35 degrees.
- Treads and risers are made of wooden boards, for the riser thickness of about 3 cm, and for steps to 4 see
- Minimal overhang - the projection of the stage on risers 30 mm, the maximum for wooden stairs - 40 mm.
- The number of stages for a single flight of stairs - no more than 18 pieces. On average, 10 to 12, but of course it depends on the length of the March.
- For security purposes, the height of handrails should be done above 90 cm.
- The minimum height of the stairs in the passage - from any step to the next obstacle vertically, such as the floor of upper floor shall not be less than two meters.
What you will receive after calculation of L-shaped stairs
Calculator stairs rotated 90 degrees to calculate the data:
- the number of required material,
- the angle of the stairs
- the parameters of the stringers for the two ramps of stairs individually
- the length, width and height of the steps,
- options podstupenok, if you decide to use them
- the size of the site, connecting both of the March ladder.
Online calculator will give you 5 of the drawings, stairs from the ground - different views of the ladder: side, top, drawing the stringers, drawing stages - all with detailed legends.
Note the tabs - 3D view, save and the widget. They help you to be more flexible and convenient to work with the calculator stairs with 90 degree turn, and with other versions. 3D model will allow you to better consider design the stairs and to simulate the most convenient option. The widget will increase the quality of visits and number of visitors to your site, to lead them to our.
Use and design the perfect stairs, all completely free of charge!