The first time we are faced with the problem of choosing materials for construction are still in childhood, though it is worth remembering the cautionary tale of the three little pigs. In adulthood the choice of wall material becomes harder, as very often we receive very conflicting information. Many manufacturers are actively promoting the network, quietly advertising your product and talking about the faults of the other.
Everyone is looking for the perfect wall unit that would have high strength, good insulation, environmental friendliness and low cost. Modern technologies allow to perform miracles, combining all these characteristics in one material – concrete.
Every year aerocrete gaining more and more popularity, becoming popular in various fields of construction. They are used in the construction of private houses and apartment blocks, industrial and agricultural facilities, garages and more.
In order to prevent errors in calculations, to avoid problems of excess expenses or a lack of materials, we recommend that you use a calculator concrete blocks for house construction. The basis of our computer program is based on data GOST 21520-89 "Blocks of cellular concrete wall small", GOST 25485-89 "cellular Concrete", GOST 31360-2007 "wall unreinforced Products of cellular autoclave concrete".
How to use the calculator aerated concrete?
Our service has an intuitive, simple interface. For clarity, we have placed a demonstration of thumbnails that show you how to look like elements of the structure, as well as what is required of you.
In order to calculate the aerated blocks for the house you will need to determine the format and size of the products. After you choose the most suitable option, you can proceed to the calculations.
Fill in all the fields as accurately as possible, based on the plan of your home or recommendations of experts.
The block parameters:
- size in mm (most popular 600х300х200);
- density, kg/m3 (most private homes will suit the brand D500, D600);
- price, RUB.
I advise you to be a small number of units for combat, cutting and marriage. 3-5% would be sufficient.
The parameters of walls:
- the total length of the walls of one thickness, m (by default, you believe the blocks only for load-bearing walls with the same thickness of masonry, if you want to know the amount of material for partitions, use the calculator again and fold values);
- the height of the walls, m;
- the option of laying (half a standard block);
- the type and thickness of mortar in the masonry (clay or foam);
- masonry grid (at your discretion).
After you have filled out the basic elements of the calculator, you can press the button "Calculate". The result is an approximate calculation of aerated concrete blocks, excluding openings, jumpers and laying nets. These data can be used only for orientation, but not directly in front of the building.
It is highly desirable that you also pointed out:
- the number and size of Windows;
- the number and size of doors;
- type pediment and its characteristics;
- for the triangular:
- total height, m;
- width of Foundation, m;
- for trapezoidal and pentagonal:
- total height, m;
- the height between the bases*, m;
- width of bases of m;
- for the triangular:
- all used jumpers;
- nets (if available).
*The base is the segment connecting opposite corners of the pediment on the same level.
Considering all elements of building construction, the accuracy of the calculations will increase significantly, the error will be minimal. Transferring all the necessary parameters on the sheet, or by printing the results of calculations, you can confidently go to the hardware store and bought the necessary materials.
Of aerated concrete
It is a modern and energy-efficient material used in private and multi-family construction. From a technical point of view, it is one of types of cellular concrete mixed cement-lime or lime-cement mortar, obtained with the autoclave method.
What is the difference between foam concrete, aerated concrete and silicate?
Many do not understand is there any difference between these concepts or is it the same thing? Let's try to figure this out.
All these units belong to the group of cellular concretes, and hence they possess some common property, in this case, the presence of pores in the thickness of the material. We need to understand that the same nature of the appearance of voids and whether they differ in composition.
According to GOST, there are only two production technologies for this type of blocks:
- autoclave method;
The first is to place the molded products in the chamber with high pressure and high concentration of steam at a temperature up to 200 °C. where they are kept and acquire a predetermined strength in a short period of time, usually about 12 hours.
The second method implies a natural hardening. In the shape of a given size filled with the mixture, which is aged for 28 days without any outside interference.
Now we need to understand what is what.
Foam concrete can be as autoclaved and non-autoclaved origin. At the moment in Russia almost all the goods that are on the market, is non-autoclave, due to the difficult technical implementation and the propensity to crack first.
Aerated concrete and silicate are created only with the autoclave method, therefore, require the developed material base, and can produce not every company.
So people there is a bunch of that foam – non-autoclaved aerated concrete and aerated concrete – autoclaved. However, this is not entirely true.
Have to find the last difference and it lies in the title. Foam, gasconcrete, gassilicate.
The first two materials are basically cement mixture, and the second lime, this explains the lighter color. In the domestic market is almost no clean aerated concrete and silicate, it is rather something in between, because the manufacturers use concrete mixed cement-lime or lime-cement mortar.
The result is that:
- foam – based cement and is non-autoclave method;
- the aerated concrete based on cement/lime, made of autoclaved process;
- the silicate – based lime, is produced with the autoclave method.
The advantages and disadvantages of concrete blocks
Aerated concrete has several advantages in comparison with concrete blocks and brick, however, it does have some drawbacks.
- strictly regulated dimensions (tolerances up to 1 mm);
- strength (at equal densities, aerated concrete will be stronger than foam);
- environmentally friendly (the raw materials do not emit toxic substances);
- light weight with large frame (due to the large number of pores);
- ease of processing (the block is easily cut with hand tools);
- insulation (wire mesh structure is used to maintain the temperature);
- the price is lower than that of brick.
- the price is higher than that of foam;
- hygroscopicity (need a mandatory finish);
- weak elasticity (for small deformations of the Foundation will crack).
According to GOST 25485-89 "Concrete mesh" there are three categories of blocks by purpose (based on a measure of density):
- insulation (D300-500);
- structural-insulating (D600-900);
- structural (D1000-1200).
The thermal conductivity varies considerably from 0,048 W/(m·°C) to 0.28 W/(m·°C) and increases with increasing density.
Class on compression strength of approximately one and a half to two times higherthan foam concrete blocks at other equal characteristics. Ranges from B0.75 units to B15 D300 to D1200 blocks.
The rate of pronitsaemosti significant and unlike wood, where the passage of moisture depends on the direction of the fibers, it equally from all sides. There is the same direct correlation of decreasing permeability with 0.26 mg/(m·h·PA) if the brand D300 to 0.09 mg/(m·h·PA) if the brand D1200.
The sizes of blocks of aerated concrete
Unlike foam, which is produced predominantly minor companies who do not have sufficient amount of funds for the purchase of the majority of forming containers and the more expensive equipment. Aerated concrete blocks are manufactured at large plants that do not have such problems. In special containers molded blocks of a large volume, which are subsequently cut according to the specified parameters in any sizes with the saw on the frame.
In practice, you are unlikely to meet units of similar size, most companies have standardized production under other more convenient thioformate, the following are the most common ones.
For the walls:
- 600х300х200 mm;
- 600х300х250 mm;
- 600х400х200 mm.
- 600х300х100 mm;
- 600х300х150 mm.
In GOST 21520-89 said on this subject: it is allowed according to customer agreed with the design organisation, manufacturing units of other sizes. So, in essence, a single list of dimensions in the document is not mandatory and is only a recommendation.
How to calculate the aerocrete for building manually
In order to approximately calculate required quantity of concrete blocks, just need a good contact with the calculator and know the basic mathematical formulas.
There are two different ways of computing, one is based on the knowledge of the area of the walls, and the second volume.
- a square house with a length of wall 10 m;
- ceiling height-2.7 m;
- clutches of 0.5 unit, format 600х300х200 mm.
Through the area:
- find out the total length of the walls, 10 x 4 = 40 m;
- then find out the total area of the walls, 40 m2 x 2.7 m = 108 m2;
- as the unit is located along the wall (its thickness will 300 mm), it is necessary to know the area of one spoon (a long, narrow surface), multiply the height by its length 200 mm x 600 mm = 120000 mm2 = 0.12 m2;
- divide the total area of the walls to the square one spoon, 108 m2 / 0.12 m2 = 900 units.
Through the volume:
- knowing the area of the walls (108 m2) and their thickness (0.3 m), you will find a volume of 108 m2 x 0.3 m = 32,4 m3;
- find out the volume of one unit 0.6 m x 0.2 m x 0.3 m = 0.036 m3;
- divide the volume of the wall, in unit volume of 32.4 m3 / 0.036 m3 = 900 blocks.
These calculations are suitable only for close guidance, so as not taken into account window and door openings, lintels, nets, pediments, and more. Do not forget the internal load-bearing walls and partitions, they also require a significant amount of materials.
Always add to the final result of 3-5% in reserve, in case of emergency situations, in case of a fight or cutting, they will be useful.
If you read to the end, you can personally ensure the reliability of our calculator aerocrete for building a house, filling in the relevant fields.
Successful settlements and lightweight construction!