Why use this calculator?
At the planning stage when performing floor/wall finishing work, it is important to correctly calculate the amount of lumber needed, because it avoids problems with shortages and useless trips to the store, and also allows you to save money if you usually buy "by eye" with a large reserve.
This tool helps you roughly estimate the number of pieces of board/batten wood, and their cost, needed to cover the required square footage of floor/wall surface. Using this application, you no longer have to ask: how much lumber do I need to finish the surface.
How does it work?
- Fill in the fields: Surface Length, Surface Width.
- Specify the length and width of the lumber and the cost per m2/ft2.
- Add or remove additional area, e.g. for doors/windows (optional).
- Click the "Calculate" button.
* If you want wood consumption per 1 m2/ft2 - enter a one (1) in the first two fields.